WHAT IS THE CAIRNS UNITED FUTSAL ACADEMY?
The Cairns United Futsal Academy is a program that teaches young players to play Futsal to the best of their ability! In our coaching, we teach players to use the right techniques and to play with style! We encourage players to play the ball in tight areas of the court, so that when a situation demands of them skills they will be comfortable with it. Players learn to use flair and quick thinking which are the trademarks of the Futsal game.
The sessions normally go for 1 hour. The warm up involves ball skills and tricks that encourage players to be creative and to try new skills; with the tactics we teach them about positioning on the court, defence, etc; for the full game section, players are encouraged to use what they have learned. The coach often stops the game to give players feedbacks.
We provide an environment that allows for players to make new friends, and develop their social skills. Our coaches are here to support players and to facilitate their learning, with no pressure involved! We like our sessions to be fun, fast and competitive!
We know the secrets and the right approach to make your child enjoy the game for many years to come. Our methods come from the Brazilian Futsal school that focus on fun and skills, which is the starting point to become a better player. We are committed to teach our players something new every time to keep it interesting.
- The coach is Kenzey Dalglish, who has been playing Futsal for lthe pat 10 years and coaching for the last 2 years.
- He holds a level 1 coaching license from Federation of Australian Futsal and he has also represented FNQ at National Championships.
The Cairns United Futsal Academy operates 4 terms a year.
Term 1 is from 2/2/18 to 23/3/18
Term 2 is from 20/4/18 to 22/6/18
Term 3 is from 20/7/18 to 14/9/18
Term 4 is from 12/10/18 to 7/12/18
- Holidays – The program breaks up for Easter, June and September Holidays.
- Public Holidays – no sessions are held on public holidays, unless otherwise advised
- Student Free Days – regular timetabled sessions will be held on Student Free Days.
- Friday 5pm to 6pm – From under 7 to under 9.
- Friday 6pm to 7pm – From under 10 to under 12.
- The fee structure is $12 per session, however fees are payable upfront on a term basis.
- For eg. Term 4 has 9 weeks, therefore the term cost is $108, which is due at the beginning of the term.
- All players must have the Cairns United Futsal Academy uniform, which consist of shirt, shorts and socks; the fee of the uniform is $50. Please note that all players must also be registered with Redlynch Central Sports Stadium to join Cairns United Futsal Academy.